C40 Cities Leadership Group
C40 ZEBRA Fellow
About the Organization:
C40 is a global network of nearly 100 mayors of the world’s leading cities that are united in action to confront the climate crisis.
Mayors of C40 cities are committed to using an inclusive, science-based and collaborative approach to cut their fair share of emissions in half by 2030, help the world limit global heating to 1.5°C, and build healthy, equitable and resilient communities. C40 supports mayors to do this by:
Raising climate ambition through 1.5°C climate action plan support, high-impact accelerators and fostering innovation.
Building equitable and thriving communities via global and regional programmes.
Building a global movement through robust international advocacy and diplomacy.
Scaling up climate action and sharing best practices across high-impact sectors.
Facilitating access to finance for investment in green jobs and projects that improve resilience in cities.
The Zero Emission Bus Rapid-deployment Accelerator (ZEBRA) Partnership is a collaboration between C40 Cities and the ICCT to accelerate zero emission bus deployments in Latin American cities. ZEBRA partners work closely with cities, investors and manufacturers to shift the region’s market, with a special focus on the cities of Medellín, Mexico City, Santiago and São Paulo, gathering and sharing learnings with a wider network of cities. The fellow will work closely with the ZEBRA Programme Manager and Project Officer and the wider Transport & Urban Planning and Regional teams. Tasks may include:
1) Conduct research to help the ZEBRA team’s work in supporting cities to transition their public transport fleets to zero emission.
2) Support the ZEBRA team’s data gathering and analysis efforts to input into the E-Bus Radar (ebusradar.org), a virtual platform developed to map all e-buses operating in the region and the amount of emissions avoided by them.
3) Support the planning and delivery of the ZEBRA Regional Working Group and/or ZEBRA Annual Event, which aims to share the leading examples of e-bus deployments in the region, bringing together a wide network of public city officials, transport operators, investors, manufacturers, and partner organizations.
4) Support the planning and delivery of the ZEBRA Investors Working Group, a space for actors such as national and multilateral development banks, investment funds, energy companies, to learn and discuss the finance aspect of e-bus deployments in the region and the application of innovative business models.
5) Support the programme’s communications efforts, which include the creation and distribution of newsletters, case studies and other publications;
The fellow should demonstrate interest and experience in one or more of the following areas:
4) Communications/Event planning;
5) Latin American studies.
Spoken and written fluency in Spanish is necessary.
Spoken and written knowledge of Portuguese would be a useful asset.
Time Commitment: 30 hours / week